Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sugar free for a whole week! Wahoo

Well, I've managed to stay away from the junk food and sugar for a whole week now! I'm so proud of myself. There were a couple of times where it would have been so easy to pop a couple of chocies but no - not when Lt Lisa is in charge.

I've also managed to get some extra exercise in 6 out of the last 7 days (more than just the usual walk to uni and back).

On Sunday I was awake early so check out what classes were on at the gym - there was supposed to be a 9:30am fat burner class so decided to check it out. When I got there I found out it was actually going to be a boxing class - I was there and keen for a class so that was what I did.

OMG it nearly killed me! At one point my heart rate was 181 - highest it's been in a while I think (used to manage 180 occasionally during RPM classes - but that was about 2yrs ago). We did this reverse pyramid thing which involved boxing with a partner and squats - in total I worked out we did 400 squats and boy did my thighs know about it the next day...and the next day!!

Another milestone this week was that I sucked it up and ran on a treadmill, I was very scared especially cos no one else was running on the treadmills, but I just imagined what Michelle Bridges would say if she was there, again I was so proud of myself!

It seems that I'm scared of doing physical things, my PT told me to jump up on a step as part of an exercise and again I was so scared but had to suck it up and JFDI - this was my first session with a new PT so didn't want to look bad! I kept talking myself out of doing my fitness test which involved at 1km time trial as I'd be running outside and people might see me, thanks to the support of fellow 12WBT's I managed to get out there and JFDI - even managed to do better than I did during the training session with Mish.

And the reward for getting over these silly fears and JFDI - 2.1kg gone off the scales! Wahoo! So worth it - it's more than I've lost in over 8 months of gym membership and half hearted attempts to lose weight. I think a lot of it is the getting my head right through the pre-season tasks (especially the sugar revelation!). Thanks Mish, my fellow 12WBT's and my friends who have all contributed to this weeks success!

This journey might just be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Good on you Lisa!! I'm proud of you for getting over that fear, you are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - what a fantastic post. So positive and full of JFDI's - lol. But how cool that you can get Michelles voice in your ear, and that it pushes you further and harder. I think I am going to turn up the Michelle volume a little too for the rest of the week so I can smash out a good result on Wednesday.

    I hope you have a rocking week Lisa - you are doing so well. x

    ReplyDelete