Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Calories in vs calories out

Losing weight is supposed to be all about calories in vs calories out. A numbers game in other words - my kinda thing!
So for the last four weeks while doing the 12WBT I've been counting my calories in and my calories out (thanks to my HRM, and calculated BMR) and have been keeping track of how things are going, this is how it looks to date:

Week Beginning
Calories IN
Calories OUT
BMR
Calculated
Loss (kg)
Actual loss
(Kg)
15/09/201010293981818-1.1-2.1
22/09/201010714181798-1.0-1.4
29/09/201010034311785-1.1-1.5
6/10/201010054921770-1.1-0.4


See that nasty -0.4! What's up with that! Did someone forget to tell my scales about calories in vs calories out? I was expecting to lose another 1 - 1.5kg this week, based on the previous three weeks so was a little disappointed with only 0.4. I'm sure it's just water or something, but I really don't like it when the numbers don't add up though!

Mish says consistancy is key - well, as you can see from above, I've been pretty consistant - and improving on the exercise as well -I now manage to burn 500cals in most gym sessions.

I was thinking maybe I'm not eating enough, I'm generally eating when hungry and just enough to feel satisfied so don't think that's the problem. I did decide one day to aim to eat 1200 cals in the day but found that I ended up eating just to make up the calories and not because I needed it or even really wanted it so decided that probably wasn't such a good idea. I might have a hungry day or two during the week so I eat a bit more then (usually up to 1300cals) but then at other times during the week I'm just not that hungry so only eat ~900cals (over the last four weeks my daily cals in has ranged from 859 to 1324).

I'm pretty sure my calorie intake is reasonably accurate as I do weigh or measure most things (especially high cal foods, not so much low cal food like greens) and I tend to round up calories from food and round down calories from exercise.

Anyway - on the tidiness front - not going so well, still haven't sorted out the pile of stuff next to the couch, and the couch is accumulating stuff that needs to be put away. Will continue to try and get on top of it this week :-)

Overall I'm still feeling ok about everything - still haven't had any sugar :-) Have a red flag day coming up next monday as we have a morning tea for a collegue who is getting married soon. I'm planning on taking some strawberries to share so we have at least one healthy option!

Fitness test this week and measurements - fingers crossed for some good numbers there! Clothes are starting to feel somewhat looser so should be all good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa! I LOVE what you have done. I didn't specifically record my calories for Week 3 and Week 4 but kept track each day and ate small meals etc while on holidays. I have not had a good run with weight loss at all, so I think I'll give this a go.

    Congrats on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete