It's been a tough couple of weeks, hence the lack of posts. I just haven't been feeling that excited about this whole weight loss journey and I've been trying to work out what's up with that.
A recent 12WBT task was to create a video blog about your extraordinary life since 12WBT. I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to work out how my life is extraordinary and I just can't see it. The best I can come up with is that I don't see this as a journey to a healthy weight - I see it as just getting on with a health life - nothing extraordinary there. Nothing much to get excited about really.
In my previous weight loss journey I was excited as I reached each little goal or milestone, for me many of them were firsts such as being able to buy clothes in the 'normal' size clothes stores, being able to run 1km, then 5km non-stop, completing my first triathlon, running a half marathon, getting into the magic size 12 that I always thought was impossible. These achievements gave me a regular dose of excitment and satisfaction and really helped keep me motivated.
This time around, I'm having a lot more trouble with the whole excitement thing. I'm motivated in that I am not having trouble eating right and am not having too much trouble getting motivated to exercise. But I'm just not excited about losing weight and getting fit. For me, this time it's more about just getting on with what I know I need to do.
That said, I did have a little chuckle at myself this morning. Being a Friday, the wardrobe is looking a little less full and I have limited options for uni appropriate clothes. I selected some grey pants I bought recently while in The Philippines and a black top I've had for about a year. After dressing, I checked myself out in the mirror - and had to smile. My clothes look so baggy they're almost comical! My pants feel like they're going to fall off any minute, the crutch feels like it's hanging around my knees. The top doesn't look much better.
I also had a little moment of excitement after completing the 28km Seven Bridges walk on Sunday with a friend. The last three km's were a nightmere, but it was a great feeling to have managed the whole thing.
I might not be that excited about losing weight (down to 97.3kg and managing a fairly consistant 1kg per week loss) but I'm really starting to feel like this will be the last time I have to take this journey.
Here's to just getting on with doing what we need to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment